Amelia Earhart Fellowship: Expanding opportunities for women in aerospace engineering and space sciences
$10,000 USD to 30 innovative women from around the globe each year.
Globally, women make up around 25 percent of the workforce in the aerospace industry. In an effort to carry out its mission that women have access to all resources and are represented in decision-making positions on an equal basis with men, Zonta International offers the Amelia Earhart Fellowship.
The Amelia Earhart Fellowship was established in 1938 in honor of famed pilot and Zontian, Amelia Earhart. The US$10,000 Fellowship is awarded annually to up to 30 women pursuing Ph.D./doctoral degrees in aerospace engineering and space sciences. It may be used at any university or college offering accredited post-graduate courses and degrees in these fields.
Since the program’s inception in 1938, Zonta has awarded 1,603 Amelia Earhart Fellowships, totaling more than US$10.3 million, to 1,174 women representing 73 countries.
Our Fellows have gone on to become astronauts, aerospace engineers, astronomers, professors, geologists, business owners, heads of companies, even Secretary of the US Air Force.
Due date: 15 November 2019
- Women of any nationality pursuing a Ph.D./doctoral degree who demonstrate a superior academic record conducting research applied to aerospace engineering or space sciences are eligible.
- Students must be registered in a full-time Ph.D./doctoral program and have completed at least one year of that program or have received a master’s degree in an aerospace-applied field at the time the application is submitted.
- Provide evidence of a well-defined research program applied to aerospace engineering or space sciences in the application essay (in general scientific terms), the academic documents (references, transcripts, verification of enrollment).
- Applicants must not graduate from their Ph.D. or doctoral program before April 2021.
- Post-doctoral research programs are not eligible for the Fellowship.
For further information and to apply, visit: foundation.zonta.org/AEFellowship
Read a detailed description of the Amelia Earhart Fellowship
Find out more about the program’s background and statistics
Please note, that while you will be supported and championed by the Zonta Club of Perth, this application is not made directly through our club.
For any enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org