DV Assist is a new domestic violence support service for people living in regional Western Australia. It is designed to help those outside of cities to get better and more timely access to help.
DV Assist understands the challenges associated with domestic violence in regional areas, and how difficult it can be for a person experiencing domestic violence in a regional area to leave an abusive relationship. The DV Assist website can help you with:
- Information on domestic and family violence
- A checklist to create a safety plan and pack an escape bag
- Links to counselling services to help you better understand your situation and get support
- Crisis support information
- Emergency accommodation information
- Finding legal and financial advice
- An online directory that can connect you with local, state and national domestic violence support services
The service featured on a recent Landline program where founder, author and farmer Fleur McDonald, was interviewed by the ABC’s Pip Courtney.
Zonta Says NO to Violence Against Women